The Northern Territory Geological Survey (NTGS) is the Territory's premier geoscience agency, and is dedicated to assisting explorers in unlocking the Territory's rich resource potential.
NTGS undertakes world-class geoscience targeted towards a better understanding of the Territory's Geoscience Framework and prospectivity. Our client-focused team also delivers and manages pre-competitive geoscientific datasets and actively promotes the exploration potential of the Territory.
The 17th Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar (AGES) was held in Alice Springs on 15-16 March 2016. For more information, see our AGES 2016 page
Proceedings now available.
Geophysics and Drilling Collaborations
Applications for Round 9 (2016) for the Geophysics and Drilling Collaborations program are now open.
NEW Product Catalogue
The Product Catalogue is now included in GEMIS enabling simultaneous searching across product and industry report collections. Additional datasets and HDP summary reports are now also available for download.
- GIS data package for 100k Geology special map, Abner Range Region (02/09/2016)
- GIS data package for 250k Geology, Tanami (02/09/2016)
- NT-wide stitches - 2016 update of gravity, magnetics and radiometric stitches (22/08/2016)
- DIP014 – August 2016 update of ‘Shale resource data from the greater McArthur Basin’ (15/08/2016)
- Record 2015-010: Summary of results. Joint NTGS–GA SHRIMP geochronology project: Arnhem Province (25/07/2016)
- Record 2016-004: Summary of results. NTGS laser ablation ICP-MS in situmonazite and xenotime geochronology project: Arunta Region (25/07/2016).
- HyLogger drillhole report HDP0005 (2nd ed) for McA5, McArthur Basin. Order via the product catalogue in GEMIS (20/06/2016)
- HyLogger drillhole report HDP0058: NDW12-01 'Daly Waters', McArthur Basin. Order via the product catalogue in GEMIS (16/06/2016)
- HyLogger drillhole report for MBXDD002 Matchbox Project, McArthur Basin: HDP 0057 (13/04/2016)
- NTGS Record 2016-001 AGES2016 Presentations (17/03/2016)
- Annual Geoscience Exploration Seminar 2016 (AGES2016) Proceedings. (16/03/2016)
- DIP016 - Amadeus Basin Assessment of Resource Potential. (16/03/2016)
- NTGS Record 2016-002 Summary of results. Geochronology project: Mount Peake Gabbro, Arunta Region. (15/03/2016)
- 2 DIP updates: DIP012 - 3D model of the greater McArthur Basin; DIP013 - NT Rock property dataset. (10/03/2016)
- Metallogenic and Gravity 1:2.5M scale maps - 2016 versions (10/03/2016)
- 2 DIP updates: DIP001- NT geochemistry dataset; DIP003 - NT mineral occurrence database (MODAT). (08/03/2016)
|Geology and Resources|
Information on the Territory's geology, geophysics, commodities and current NTGS projects.
Your central entry point to personalised research assistance and geoscience information and data from professional information managers and geoscience experts.
An initiative to maximise opportunities for the exploration and development of new mineral and petroleum resources. Find factsheets, maps and presentations on commodities and resource potential as well as information on investment opportunities and current activity in the Territory.
|Publications and Products|
Comprehensive range of geology publications, maps, datasets, geophysical and landsat data available free of charge
Core and cuttings from onshore and offshore petroleum wells and mineral drill holes.
|Online Systems and Databases|
Extensive range of online geology, geochemistry, geophysical, mineral occurrences, petroleum and mineral exploration reports and data.
|Guidelines and Reporting|
Explanatory documents and forms for the submission of reports and data.
|Petroleum Data and Databases|
Information on energy exploration and resources in the Northern Territory.
Last updated: 02 September 2016